First established as a bakery, Osborne Lane now comprises a series of laneways characterised by rustic wood and weathered brick which are home to an eclectic collection of creative businesses covering the art of urban living.
Osborne Lane was first established as George Kents bakery in 1871. Continuing in business until 1980, George Kent was mayor of the Newmarket borough from 1891-1893. A new brick building at 2-8 Osborne Street was completed in 1906 with an administration building at 489 Khyber Pass (corner Khyber & Osborne), both of which remain today.
A beautiful mix of the best spaces in Newmarket. Osborne Lane provides a special aspect to the precinct that is original and real. Character features and a curated mix of tenants and spaces makes Osborne Lane a luxury destination.
Situated on the Newmarket block of Kent Street, Osborne Street, Khyber Pass and York Street, Osborne Lane is accessed from 6 Kent Street with parking available at 6 Kent Street or opposite at Newmarket Plaza.